வியாழன், 31 ஆகஸ்ட், 2017

the 3 planes of our astronomical neighbourhood
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From what I can see... there are three primary "planes" that we use as baselines to measure the locations of other astronomical bodies lying in space. The celestial sphere, which is grounded on the celestial equator, this is dictated by the Earth's equator. The ecliptic plane, which is grounded on the Earth's orbit, or as I like to call it the Sun's default equator. And finally the galactic plane, which is kinda self explanatory.

I'm sure many of you all know this, I'm not being condescending, I'm just running through this so I can establish just what I do or do not understand.

Now... I wanted to use Sketchup to make a 3D starmap of local space. But I got stuck on the angles that seperate the three planes. I know that the equator is 23.45 degrees off of the ecliptic, and that the galactic is supposedly 60 degrees off of the ecliptic. The problem is, I don't know... in which direction the tilt is when considering all three.

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக