வெள்ளி, 22 பிப்ரவரி, 2019

From
Smt C Gowsalya
LDC (under suspension)
Cantonment Board
Wellington 643 242
Tamil Nadu.

To
The Chief Executive Officer
Cantonment Board
Wellington 643 242
Tamil Nadu. 

Respected Sir,
                      sub: submission of representation with prayer to revoke the suspension- reg

                      ref: order of suspension no. Disciplinary/05/OS dtd 01 Feb 2019.

I most humbly submit this representation against the order referred above issued by the
Appointing and Disciplinary Authority by which I was placed under suspension
w.e.f  01 February 2019 with prayer to revoke the said suspension at the earliest.

At the time of ordering the suspension on 01 Feb 2019, the disciplinary proceedings
were only at the stage of contemplation but thereafter things moved fast and the disciplinary proceedings started progressing.The charge sheet was finalised and issued on 20th Feb 2019
and served to me. An inquiry was already ordered and the appointment of the Inquiry Officer
and the Presenting Officer was completed on 19th Feb itself and the same was communicated to
me. Now it is clear that the disciplinary proceedings along with an inquiry have commenced
unhindered leaving the stage of contemplation far behind.

I most humbly submit, sir, that all these acts mentioned above point out that the purpose of ordering a suspension was well served since the disciplinary proceedings have commenced and therefore keeping me in suspension is no longer warranted.

The entire case against me is based on an interview given by me to a news channel
without obtaining proper permission from the competent authority. The said interview was given
by me purely in my personal capacity and certainly not in my position as an employee of the Cantonment Board Wellington or Defence establishment. I am just 21 years old and I have erred in assuming that a permission was not a must since the interview was given by me solely on my personal capacity. Had this clause of permission been pointed out to me, I would have readily corrected myself and resorted to the process of obtaining permission or would have dropped the very idea of giving interviews once and for all.

The press people often disturbed me with some questions and I was forced to answer them.
If I were to avoid answering their questions I would have been branded as a head weighted
person. It is evident that there is a social compulsion to give due respect to the press and
I was not able to avoid it. I am not fond of  giving interviews and I never had volunteered
myself to give any interview. This is the real story of the interviews given by me

The charge against me is not grave enough to place me under suspension that too for a
long period of about a month. The incident of the said interview occurred outside the
office and the charge is not connected with my official position of a Government
servant and therefore in no way connected with the office of the Cantonment Board, Wellington or the Board's office documents. So there is no need of any apprehension about my gaining an access to or tampering with the office records related to the case.

Further there is no court case involved in the proceedings against me. The case is not at all about
any scandal, corruption or misappropriation of funds or office cash. The allegation against me
is not about a misconduct involving moral turpitude. These above mentioned cases are of serious nature and a lengthy period of suspension may apparently seem to have some logic.  But my case obviously is not so and a prolonged suspension certainly sounds illogical.

The apprehension of influencing or intimidating the witnesses does not arise in my case since the charge sheet against me does not contain any person as a witness. The charge sheet is devoid of witnesses indeed. (vide: the charge sheet under reference file no. Disciplinary/17/OS o/o the cantonment board, Wellington dtd 20th Fe 2019). Therefore my continuance in office as a LDC will not prejudice the inquiry ordered. It is the practice in vogue in Central Govt Establishments to revoke the suspension in cases of less serious charges once the charge sheet is issued to the Government servant.

Suspension though by itself is not a punishment it creates a great hardship to the Government
servant and therefore the Government of India has time and again issued instructions
impressing the Competent Authorities to sparingly use the power of suspension and to
reduce the period of suspension to the barest minimum. In accordance with these instructions,
in my case, a few days not more than a week of suspension would have been sufficient
to satisfy the requirements of the administration. But  the period of suspension
is unduly prolonging and I continue to suffer for a whole month nearly. This is against the principles of natural justice.

My service otherwise is unblemished and I am used to discharge my duties always with
utmost devotion and care After my suspension is revoked, I assure you, sir, that I would
discharge my duties to the best satisfaction of my superiors.

Under the circumstances explained above, I most humbly submit this representation
for your benign consideration and I pray your goodself to revoke the suspension
at the earliest and permit me to resume my official duties.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
........................
(Smt C Gowsalya)

Station: Wellington
Date: 25 February 2019.












         

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக